Monday, April 6, 2009

Update on Jon

First of all. I would like to take time out and thank everyone for their support. I also want to thank everyone for the prayers, energy, thoughts or whatever you wish to call it.


Jon is doing better. of the vent. He may go to the reg floor tomorrow and leave the CCU area. That is a big step. Talk to the Neurologist about him. The Doctor says he is making allot of progress for the better, but there is still problems. Right sided weakness. unable to talk, etc. the Doctor seems hopeful. When Jon saw me today he started to cry. I ask him if the nurses told he I was up there, when he was sadated. he shook his head no. The nurse told him that I have been up there faithfully and called once a day to find out how he was doing. Jon does not remember allot what has happened to him and that he lost a week of his life. I explained to him what has happened. I think that upset him more than anything. Then the Drctor came in and check him out. after that his mother and cousin came up. I stayed for about an hour and left. I will see him tomorrow.

again thank you everyone for the love and support.
Ray

12 comments:

X said...

When he started to cry, I hope it was a cry of happiness at seeing you. I also hope to hear you say "he spoke" soon.

What do you mean by saying "time out"? You're taking a break from blogging? Whatever you decide on, may all the world's love be with you and Jon. You guys are still in my prayers. Thank you for showing us what love and care is.

mike and glenn studio city said...

Ray, glad to hear the news. You must be wiped out. We have certainly been touched by your caring heart. as always, a big hug for you. Mike and Glenn

Koba said...

Glad to hear the mostly positive report. Think positive, my friend, and never underestimate the human spirit! Here's hoping for a full recovery!

Joe Z said...

I'M GLAD TO HEAR THE GOOD REPORT RAY. MY THOUGHT AND PRAYERS ARE WITH YOU.
JOEZ

Anonymous said...

Quite often in hospitals they give the patients medication so they don't remember what is happening to them from one day to the next. This may explain his memory loss. Patients also experience "hospital delirium" just by being in a hospital. Both were experienced by my mother when she was in a hospital. Best wishes for a speedy recovery for your friend.

Ray's Cowboy said...

X, sorry if you mis-understood me. I am not taken any time out from the blog.

Mike and Glenn. congrats on 23 yrs together. Any advise on newbies about being together and staying together for 23 yrs?? I bet there are several people who want to know your secret.

Koba his spirit is strong and loving. I have faith.

Joe.. thank you I can use all of the prayers and thoughts today. Thank you for your support.

Anonymous. He was giving medication to put in deep sadation. That is were he lost all of his time.

again thank you everyone.
Hugs
Ray

Ruffy said...

So glad to hear things are improving. One day at a time at this point. You're one of a kind Ray! Still sending prayers!
Smooches!
Ruffy

Stan said...

Your a real true friend Ray. Bless your heart!

Ultra Dave said...

I'm glad to hear he is improving. With a great friend like you it should help ease the transition.

mike and glenn studio city said...

Ray, I am new at Blogging. Is there some way to include my email address that only you can see of course. I would like to send pics and more info. ??? M and G

Ray's Cowboy said...

Mike and Glenn.

cowboy4cowboy@yahoo.com

is mine

Ray

mike and glenn s.c.ca. said...

Ray, thanks, I just called Glenn and told him. He is the I.T. manager where he works, but he is also Blog challenged. By the way, that photo is just shocking, it really gave me a jolt. I'll shut up. My cousin pissed on a car battery, zap, I had to laugh. Later M and G