Friday, December 17, 2010

Hachi: A Dog's Tale

Another big titty baby movie. I love it. I also cried like a big titty baby. When I was watching it; I thought about JuJu my old dog. How when I lived in Dallas she would run down the stairs (thumpy thump) all the way down until she go to me. Or how she waited by the garage door when I came home in Plano. How she would look at me so serious until I took he for her walk. How she was a wonderful dog until I had to put her down. She was very loyal until the end. I just hope I was loyal to her. She loved with out question, she gave 100% or more to me. I was the one who said good bye to her. Rest in peace my love.

Ray


When his master, Parker (Richard Gere), dies, a loyal pooch named Hachiko keeps a regular vigil -- for more than a decade -- at the train station where he once greeted the man every day in director Lasse Hallström's touching drama based on a true story. Hachiko's faithful routine teaches the station's patrons about true love and commitment. Joan Allen stars as Parker's wife; Sarah Roemer, Jason Alexander and Cary-Hiroyuki Tagawa co-star.

10 comments:

Stan said...

If only humans could unconditionally love that way.

Leatherpigboy said...

Again i agree with Stan. LOL

SickoRicko said...

Dogs are much better people than most people.

Ralph said...

Dear Ray, I appreciate your sentiments and words about Ju Ju and your sweet/sorrowful memories of her. After decades, one of my cats, and one of my dogs, continue to evoke the same kinds of feelings in me.

Ray's Cowboy said...

The only human that came close to this was Jon, my ex. I loved me no matter what shit I did or did not do. He was specail.

Ralph I do nt think we ever get over our pets.
Ray

Rick Bettencourt said...

I saw this on the plane to Mexico; I too cried like a big titty baby.

Kathleen Riley said...

Dogs are so great! Loved this movie -- cried my eyes out.

iain said...

Thank you for sharing your memories of JuJu; I personally am convinced that the spirits of our beloved animals stick around after their physical death, continuing (although I don't know how exactly) to give us love at those times when it seems the world doesn't care about us very much. Have a wonderful holiday season.

Stephen said...

I still miss my dog, even though he's been gone 20 years. I couldn't look at pictures of dogs for about a year. I was going to rent this, but when I read the summary, I decided not to. I cry very easily anyway, and I don't think I could handle this. Thanks for sharing your memories of your beloved Ju Ju. Best Wishes for a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

Anonymous said...

I have always been impressed by your love of dogs. Juju in particular. You are a good man.